Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Who Is That Old Person In The Mirror??

Um...that would be ME. Ugh. I feel like in a way I have been running up a "down" escalator for months...running away from November 15th. You know what? Time marches on, people. Time marches on. (Sometimes all over your body and face...but that's another blog.) To be honest, I don't feel 40. FORTY? I mean...I remember when I was in Junior High and High School and thinking the people on that TV show, "Thirty Something" were so old. Now I'm not even thirty SOMETHING! FORTYYYYYYYYYYYY. OK. Turn the page, Brandon. Turn the page.

Whew...ok, I am so grateful for the years of love I have experienced with an amazing family and friends. I am a blessed man. Thank you, God for that.

Sheryl, in her incredible way, created an evening to remember at the Williams Grove Farm House. I was surrounded by some of my most favorite friends who spoke words of blessing into my life. What an amazing gift. THANK YOU, SHERYL!

My good buddy Jill Batson--a wonderful photographer--took some pictures of the evening. (Some of these I took--the not-so-good ones). Thanks, Jill!


Sheryl and I pose with Eve and Ben English


Grant and Jill Batson


Cory and Elizabeth Davis. Elizabeth and I have been friends since 1987. Whew! Cory and I met a couple of years after that...many years of friendship.

Sheryl and me...warming ourselves BY THE FIRE.

I love the sound of fun fellowship!


Jill Batson--Jill and Grant and their kids have been such a great blessing in our lives



Grant Batson, Mark and Holly Whaley, and David and Sharon Shaub. Hilarious.



Sweet friends--Mark and Holly Whaley


My dear mother. Without her I wouldn't be here! She is one of the coolest people I know!


Sheryl making last minute preparations...



Kevin and Kiki



Nathan Slingluff and Cory Davis


Sheryl did this awesome arrangement



Such a perfect setting!

Amy Westerman (We missed you, Scott!!)


Ryan and Sarah Williamson and Geof and Amanda Vickers. Ryan and I have been friends since 8th grade. His family is so deeply woven into my own it's hard to remember a time when I didn't know them.


Bobby and Sonya Colvert and my mom, Judy


My mom!

Yum! What a night! I will never forget it. Thank you to my sweet friends for being there and loving me!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Happy 40th, Brother! Here's to 40 more! Much love from the Brannon fam!

LeeAnn said...

Happy Birthday Brandon...I can't believe my baby brother and all his little friends are turning 40! That means I'm about to turn...nevermind!

Alyssa said...

Happy birthday Brandon. I always did look up to you in high school and college. Look at all you have accomplished by age 40. Wow! And P.S. Your mom was one of my favorite education professors at ACU! Please pass that along to her!

Rick J said...

Congrats, man! I turned 40 the summer we moved to Houston (Sugar Grove) in 1990, and I think the last 19 years have been more of a wild ride with God than the previous 40. Can't wait to hear what he has in store for you!!