Saturday, May 30, 2009

Divine Friendships

Sometimes I like to ponder the impact of friendships. Friendships have a profound impact on us. Take a moment to look back over your life and imagine it without those who have affected, influenced and shaped you. It's really hard to imagine isn't it? Honestly, if you removed some of the people in my journey who are most important to me I would be a completely different person.

Sheryl has always thought that my only child status has caused me to hold on to friendships in a different way. There are friends in my life who are those brothers and sisters I never had. I can't fathom life without them.

Truth be known, I have a lot of learning to do about friendship and what it means to be a true friend. Men like Stephen Bailey, Chris Doggett, Craig Fisher, Jeff Berry, Nathan Slingluff, Daren Stanley and Josh Ross teach me every day what it means to be a brother and friend. I can't imagine life without them.

Last night was spent in the company of good friends. We've been trying for WEEKS to schedule a couple's date night with Mark and Holly Whaley, Grant and Jill Batson, and Gary and Ellen Musick. (The Musicks couldn't make it) We all ended up at the Batson's house and sat and laughed into the wee hours of the morning. What would people do without friends?

Life passes so quickly! Sometimes it's hard to realize the beauty of our surroundings...and the impact on our lives made by those who care for us. Today I'm taking a break to stop and thank God for people who mean so much to me. I feel incredibly blessed.

3 comments:

Katey said...

I have siblings- and I still hold on to many friendships like brothers and sisters. For all the nagging, fighting and frustrations, those friends/brothers/sisters have made my life much more full and have made the bad days a little bit easier. And I'm not talking about anyone specifically or anything :)

Josh Ross said...

Dude, you mean a lot to me. Your friendship has deepen my relationship with God and other people. I love you, bro.

preacherman said...

Wonderful words for us all. I am going to cherish those divine friendships from now on! Thank you for sharing this with us and hope and pray for you and your ministry always.