Thursday, January 15, 2009

What A Week

What a week it's been! We hit the ground running after returning from London. I am producing the American Heart Association's Heart Gala at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center in a couple of weeks. The theme is "All You Need is Love" complete with a mod 60's feel and a band called "1964 The Tribute"... a popular Beatles cover band.


Check out their website http://www.1964thetribute.com/ . It is going to be a really fun night!

My father's birthday was on Tuesday. Some years it's harder than others. Not sure why. I was really missing him Tuesday. Happy birthday, Dad!

I found an old CD tonight and popped it in. Isn't it funny how songs can bring back certain emotions or feelings? It was the soundtrack to the movie "Hope Floats". I love several songs on that CD. It was like putting on an old pair of comfy pajamas. I loved listening to it!

And finally...as the day approaches next week, I am getting excited to experience the inauguration. Such a history making moment!

Have a great weekend, friends.

3 comments:

annie said...

I've heard 1964 The Tribute Band a few times, & they're always good & FUN!! The crowd will have a BIG time dancin' to them! Can't wait to see your pics of the gala.

Lynn said...

WOW...I wish I lived closer! I'd love to see the gala! Those were my hey dey times in the 60's! Hope you will post pictures. By the way, I enjoy visiting your blog. We know alot of the same people from ACU and around ... I am Matt and Christine Pinson's aunt and a 2 X heart survivor. So, I really really appreciate your hard work for the AHA. They are a great organization that I support too.

Lynn said...

OK...here's something else weird and "gee, it's a small world" thing. Hope Floats was filmed here in my own little hometown! I love the soundtrack too.