Sunday, June 06, 2004

This one's for Debbie and anyone else who had salivated over the thought of Orange Pineapple homemade ice cream!

This recipe is for a gallon ice cream maker (if yours is a half gallon, simply split the recipe. While this may seem obvious to most, remember, I am a man.)

--1 20oz can of CRUSHED pineapple (even after telling me this last night, I ended up coming home with regular pineapple)
--2 cans of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
--2 liter of orange soda--any brand

Mix it all in and let 'er rip.

It took far too long to make the ice cream last night, but once it was made, it was a dream! Thank you, Lord, for such wonderful tastes! Thank you, Sheryl, for making it!

We sat and watched the all the coverage on Ronald Reagan. It was pretty cool, I thought. Alzhiemer's disease is so sad. How devastating to forget everything. Not so much about the things one has accomplished, but more the people one holds dear. Sad.

This morning we are talking about hope again. Hope brought on by resurrection. Hope of eternal life. Hope because of God's faithfulness. Someone told me recently that moderns are characterized by hope while post-moderns are characterized by a lack of hope. It bothered me. It almost made me feel apologetic for having hope in Christ. Then I remembered these words...

1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.


Would we be accused of having hope? Would we be ready to say why?

We're singing some great songs this morning like,
You Are Holy
Days of Elijah
Christ the Lord is Risen Today
You Shine
Above All
For the Lord is a Righteous God
and an oldie but goodie...There is a Habitation

For all you old ACU folks, I can never sing There is a Habitation without thinking about Reg Cox. We rarely sing it, but it seemed to fit today.

May the Lord bless and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you and give you peace and hope in the true and living God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandon, You are SO nice to actually post the recipe for me! We are having a block party next week and I want to share it with others! If you are in our Univ. Hills neighborhood of Abilene, stop by and enjoy! ~Debbie

Anonymous said...

Just FYI you can also do the same ice cream thing with one can of sliced peaches (chopped with juice) eagle brand, and 7up OR two cups of slices strawberries or cherries, eagle brand and Big Red. ALL are OH-SO-GOOD and easy! Don't try it with the fat free eaglebrand though because for some reason it will not get thick. AND I too think of Reg Cox everytime I hear "Oh Zion, Zion I long thy gates to see!" I can see his temples flare and his face redden just thinking about it!:)Steph