Sunday, September 16, 2007

Update--

* I returned last night from Dallas where I did a retreat for the Christian Campus Center at North Texas University. Dan Cooke, an old Otter Creek buddy, is the campus minister there. It was a good trip--great kids and lots of great days ahead for that ministry. Here's a picture after the war games on Saturday. I am 3rd from the left peeking out from a mound of shaving cream.


While I was there I also got to see our old friend, Lea Brown. Lea moved this summer back to TX. We miss you, Lea!

* This morning David Fleer spoke at Otter Creek for Tim who is in Abilene. David always does a great job and always challenges. Today he preached on the prodigal son parable. He brought out the troubling parts of the passages. I thought it was awesome. Don't you think there was a reason why Jesus made the religious leaders so mad? His teaching was troubling and challenged people in their nice, tidy thinking. Thank you, David.

* Tonight the Sanctuary band led us in worship at our monthly service called "Celebration". It was incredible. There are some times when songs just hit me in a certain way. Tonight there were several that just knocked me over. It was a needed and wonderful time of worship.

* Conference calls and planning meetings are helping bring things together for the ZOE conference. We're SO close! The new CD "Overflow" should be released this week.

* I am watching back episodes of LOST. I am so hooked. Anyone else a fan? I am almost done with season 3. Awesome script, incredible character development, interesting and fun! I keep expecting to see Dante as a credit somewhere. But, the producers say...there's no connection. Thoughts?

Update on the update...now completely finished with season 3. Um... ???

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I started watching 'LOST' b/c hubs was hooked and it was something I didn't mind watching with him (as opposed to Criss Angel or anything History Channel). So, I'm into it, and dying to figure it out, but I have since learned there are entire communities of people who dissect every moment, every picture, every scene. I don't have the time or energy, but they come up with some fascinating theories.

Since they won't start their new season until, like, NOVEMBER, you have time to get caught up -- Season 3 season finale is AMAZING -- and so stinkin' confusing!

Anonymous said...

Peter and I started watching LOST from the beginning before the wedding. We are now into season 3 and loving it! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks.
Lindsey

Adam said...

I think LOST is the best TV show I've ever watched. The depth, the humor, the intricate storytelling...it makes for an incredible ride. I've had so many rich conversations with friends about the way we live, think, act, etc. based on scenes or episodes. And, like mentioned above, the Season 3 finale will leave you breathless..and giddy for the next season.

Matt Warren said...

My wife and I are absolutely hooked on Lost. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Lost doesn't start until January 2008 but I've heard it's going to be WAY better than the last season. Looking forward to it.

Have you tried Heroes? That's our new favorite show!

Kent said...

BST-

If you have finished with season 3, who do you think was in the casket in the season finale flash-forward?