Wednesday, April 06, 2005


the ZOE girls pause for a photo opp. while recording last Saturday
L to R: Sheryl, Melissa, Amy, Karin



The guys gather around one mic to cheese for the camera.
L to R: David, Jason, Peter, JV and BST.

I wanted to share some pictures Amy sent me. I hope you enjoy them. I just returned from our staff retreat. We went to this incredible retreat center called "The Hiding Place". WOW! It was amazing. We had a good day together and some great discussion. I really hated being away from Sheryl though. I was worried the entire time. It was hard to keep my mind there. Sheryl is hurting very badly today. We're going to the doctor in a couple of hours to see what's going on with her back. Otherwise, after Monday's appt with the OBGYN, the baby seems to be fine. Praise God!

I am running around trying to make sure I have everything I need for the trip to CO. tomorrow. Mercy. I am looking forward to it though. I think our time out there will be really cool. I had the most interesting discussion with a newspaper reporter from Steamboat yesterday. She called because they are doing a story on us coming out there and printing a picture and stuff. Anyway--I don't think she was a Christian--or at least had much experience with church stuff. We had the coolest discussion about music and worship and the name ZOE and what it means. She asked some great questions. Hopefully, the story in the paper will be a good one.

Please pray for Kim and my mom as they keep the girls this weekend. I know the girls will have a blast--they always do. I just pray that everyone stays healthy and safe.

Monday night we went out to Rose Pepper Cantina--one of our favorite Spring-Fall places to eat. We sat outside and baptized my mom in what Rose Pepper is all about--the delicious cheese sauce, the amazing enchiladas, great drinks, etc. Mom really loved it. However, one of the best moments was when Ella got out of the car to go into the restaurant. She immediately grabbed my mom's hand and was ready to go. As mom was walking with her we mused that these moments--the random eating out kind of moments--were why she moved to Nashville. It's so wonderful having her here. She is SUCH a blessing to all of us! Please don't be mad at us, Abilene people. We're trying to appreciate every bit of her presence here!

I may not be able to post in Steamboat Springs. If not, I'll report when I return. Thank you for your prayers. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Fajita said...

Brandon,

I'm hi-jacking your blog for a minute. I want to share with your audience a new thing I am doing to benefit World Vision.

Goto www.40daysoffat.blogspot.com and learn about how you can help World Vision and have some good, healthy fun at the same time.

Hi-jack over.

Fajita

Keith Brenton said...

Fajita would catch me with this just as I've gotten back to my plateau weight ....

Hope you're having a great one in Steamboat Springs!