Thursday, April 07, 2005

No time to fully blog today. But I wanted to share a funny story that Rick Johnson sent me. I always love these things. Why are church bloopers so funny? And...why is it that laughing in church or someplace you're not supposed to be laughing SOOO much more fun?? (with my laugh--I've never been that subtle. It can be quite the disturbance!)

A visiting minister during the offertory prayer:

"Dear Lord," he began with arms extended and a rapturous look on his upturned face, "without you we are but dust..."

He would have continued, but at that moment one very observant little girl (who was listening carefully for a change!) leaned over to her mother and asked quite audibly in her shrill little girl voice, "Mommy, WHAT is butt dust?"

Church was pretty much over at that point...

Have a great weekend, bloggers! Snowy Colorado, here we come!!

No comments: