Saturday, April 09, 2005

We've had a great time in Steamboat! Friday morning we sang for the school and the kids really seemed into it. They were all really great kids. Last night we sang at the big dinner at the Grand Hotel here. What an amazing place! The group did an incredible job and we all had a great time too.

After the event last night we walked outside and it was snowing buckets. I was really excited. We didn't see much snow in Nashville this year and I missed it. We got back to the hotel and Tonya (our new front desk friend) graciously allowed us to uncover the hot tub outside. It's HUGE! Amanda decided not to go but Philip, JV, Sheryl and I went out to brave the elements. It was hilarious. Snow was coming down like a heavy rain. Sheryl and I ended up using the cover as a shield so we could enjoy the hot tub without being covered in snow. It was cool because from under the cover you could watch the snow falling down. We all commented that it looked like something out of the Polar Express.

This morning I looked out our door and it looked like God had over turned a huge bowl of whipping cream. The trees are laden with snow and, hopefully, the mountain will have good conditions. I am excited about skiing. I haven't been in a couple of years. I just hope I don't kill myself.

They're calling for a winter snow advisory for tonight. Please pray we can get home. I know my mom and Kim would appreciate those prayers too! :)

Have a great weekend, blog family. Let it snow!!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Back when I was in elementary school, my family lived near Denver for 2 years. One of my favorite memories is enjoying our hot tub surrounded by 5-foot snow drifts. Glad the hotel clerk let you!