Sunday, October 02, 2011

Prayers for Judy Fisher

For those of you who've been reading this blog for the past 8 years, you know that my 3 college roommates, Craig Fisher, Stephen Bailey, and Chris Doggett remain like brothers to me. There aren't many in my life who've been through more with me than these 3. We've done it all...life, deaths, marriage, struggles, illness...etc. Some things are just too difficult to think about much less write about. Craig's mom, Judy, who is family to me, is ill. She's been fighting cancer for a while now.

The 4 of us guys are a cord that cannot be broken. We've held on tight for many years. I come to you today begging you to pray for Judy. She is not well. We are praying that God would bless her, bless Jim-Ed, bless Craig and all of his family. I'm asking you this selfishly. I love this dear woman. I hate...truly HATE to see her suffering. Will you please pray for Judy? Would you ask God to rain down his healing power in her life? Would you ask God to give all of us grace to walk the days ahead? Will you specifically lift up Craig, Beth Ann, Riley and Owen Fisher? I'm asking you, my blog family. Please war for them all right now. I love these people more than my words can say. I'm so grateful for all of you who have stood in the gap with me over the years. I need you today.

4 comments:

annie said...

I don't know you very well, or your friends at all, but I've read enough of your blog to know Craig is a dear dear friend. I'll pray for his mom. Cancer is so awful, & no one seems exempt from experiencing it---whether suffering it personally, or for someone else. It's just the best when fellow believers can pray for one another---whenever, wherever.......I hope Craig's mom & Craig & all his fam & friends are feeling God's Perfect Peace & Comfort descend on them as we all pray in our little corners of the world.

Alyssa said...

I will certainly pray. Thank you for trusting your prayer request with your blog family.

Ginger said...

any chance for an update?

Stephen Bailey said...

Catching up on a few of the latest blogs this morning when I really should be working. But God knew I needed a few minutes for things like this. You know Judy and Jim Ed are constantly in my prayers, but you need to know that you are too. I love you my brother!