Thursday, March 10, 2005

Last night was a double header. We met at 6pm for ZOE rehearsal and then I left them to continue and went to the portable to rehearse the Easter Choir. It was a long night of singing. But--it was fun in both settings.

I'm not exactly sure what we'll end up recording tonight. The ones we're looking at are--
--In Christ Alone (Townend)
--Beautiful One
--Sing to the King
--How Great is Our God
--Psalm 23

We'll try and knock a few of those out this weekend. We have more on our list but these are the ones we'll try and hit first, I suspect. I am excited about the Ps.23 song. Clarissa wrote it--it's gorgeous. She came in today and we were working on a bridge of some sort. I can't wait for you to hear it.

I had lunch with Greg Taylor and we went over to St. Thomas hospital to see Lee Smith (elder from the Fresno church). His twin brother is very ill with heart problems and the whole family is here to be with him. Lee asked for our prayers today. In about an hour (3pm) they will take some of the life support off of his brother (Leonard) to see if his heart can take it. Please keep him in your prayers.

I've been listening to some songs that have to do with having a passion for the lost or being missional, etc. Most of these songs are not even melodic. I love Matt Redman's "Mission's Flame" but accapella? No way. I'm still looking though.

We covet your prayers tonight as we embark on this long journey AGAIN of recording. The Lord has been so faithful to minister through the other recordings. We are just trusting Him to do that with this one too. Please keep our families in your prayers too. We'll be spending more time away from them than any of us like.

Father, as we begin recording tonight, may it glorify you. May it lift you up. Let our hearts be centrally focused on one thing only. YOU. Fill us up with the power of your Holy Spirit so that what comes out of us tonight and in the coming weeks is from OVERFLOW. Take what we offer in all our human frailty and make it something that builds your Kingdom. We ask you to anoint our time and our voices. We ask because of who you are and we believe because of Jesus.

2 comments:

JP said...

Be great to hear "--How Great is Our God" I love that new song by Chris Tomlin

Jenni said...

Ok, I've been trying to comment on this post ALL DAY, but some blogger-wart has been interfering!!! I LOVE "Beautiful One" -- heard it on the way home from work today and sang at the top of my lungs. Bet the people on either side of my little Mazda thought I was nuts. It is a great song - glad you guys are giving us an acappella version.

Also, love that you took your girls with you to the Room in the Inn last night. Great teaching moment - and one I'm sure they won't forget!