Thursday, October 19, 2006

Everyone at our house is excited...FISH comes in today!! Craig Fisher and I have been friends for a long long time. He was one of the very first people I met at registration the summer before my Freshman year at ACU. We ended up living in the same house for part of college (with Stephen Bailey and Chris Doggett). Along with Stephen and Chris, Craig has remained a best friend and brother to me ever since. He arrives today and the girls are so excited to see him. They wear their "Mr. Craig" t-shirts a lot. They have Craig's big mug on them and are for his book club. We're gonna have a blast!

Yesterday was one of those days. Ugh. More...MORE car stuff. Between car and medical stuff lately, I have been going nuts.

What put a big smile on my face last night, however, was talking with the girls after their light went out. Sometimes those are the best conversations...it's the giggles when you know you're supposed to be quiet. It's the soft "I love you, Daddy" whispers. It's Ella asking me to eat her arm "like corn". (She means playing the corn on the cob game where I spread pretend butter on her arm, salt and pepper it and then dramatically take a big bite!) It's watching Maddie be a little mini-me wanting me to scratch her back, her arm, her leg, etc...just like I did with my dad. Oh, how I treasure these days! I am a wealthy man in those terms!!

No comments: