Thursday, January 26, 2006

Sorry it's taken me a while to post. Things are crazy here as you can imagine. We move out of our offices ONE week from today. There are boxes everywhere, people scurrying about, and last minute plans and details which seem to change by the minute.

It was a great weekend in Fresno--in spite of the stomach thing that I got. The ZOE team, being the family that they are, all made me nice cartoon images on the airplane barf bags and sent them back to my seat on the return flight. They are hilarious! I wish I could share them with you.


Thanks to Lindsey I have some pictures from Fresno--since my camera is still flying high above the ground banging around inside some Southwest Airlines plane. This picture is of Peter, Lindsey and me. You can tell in this picture that I am not feeling my tops...maybe even more like death warmed over!




Jack and Jill Maxwell did their thing while we sang and Mike spoke on Saturday night. As always it was amazing!! This is a picture of Jesus holding a tiny mustard seed.




Here's a picture of the group plus Eric at lunch last Sunday before we boarded the plane. It was rather chilly out there. Too bad we couldn't have gotten a dose of California sunshine. Although--the warmth of the family at the college church was such a blessing. Thank you to Sandra and Lex, Lisa and Steve, Lee Smith and his crew and everyone who made our visit out there so wonderful!

It's been a nutty week and then yesterday in the middle of it all I went to do my thing with the inner-city 4th grade class I'm working with. I wish...I REALLY wish I could blog about it. Maybe later. So many thoughts and feelings. Coming from a household of educators I see those emotions rise up many times.

This Sunday at Otter Creek we are having our good-bye potluck--a throw back to the old days of potlucks. It should be a lot of fun. Please continue to pray for our transition period. We don't want to lose sight of the most important things.

God bless you all!

4 comments:

Thurman8er said...

Thanks for gutting it out (bad choice of words) on Saturday. There were a few seconds there that I thought you were going to annoint the carpet with barf.

I'm glad you know how much we truly love you guys. Yes, we love what you DO and it's important in the maturing of the church as a whole. But, more importantly, we love YOU. All of you. Even Eric.

Can't wait to see you again. Blessings on the move. His will be done as we continue on our mission together

christine pinson said...

so glad that it went well...we were so blessed by the nashville conference and can't wait until next year...i was almost wishing we could have gone to both!

on another note, matt didn't get that job, but we are very thankful for your kind words on our behalf. we know that the Lord is leading us where he wants us to be and we just need to trust and be patient...UGH, easier said than done!!! but really, thank you so much for being an encouragement to us and for going out of your way to say something on behalf of our family...you didn't have to do that, and it really meant alot.

Beaner said...

When I see that beautiful picture of Jesus, I think He's saying "THIS is the most important thing". (That is, faith, even as small as a mustard seed.)

Glad you're feeling better.

Kelley said...

Do you know if Jack and Jill have a website where we can view their work. The things they've done at Zoe are some of my favorite images! They bring back all the emotion of the message. This one with Jesus is astounding.