Sunday, October 17, 2004

Last night we had the most excellent "Supper Soup". On a brisk November evening back in 1969 our good friend, Pat Phillips, brought it to our house as my parents were bringing me, in infant form, home from the hospital. Ever since then I've been enjoying that soup. Here's a list of ingredients and a loose recipe. It's really great!

--small head of cabbage
--bunch of onions
--2 stalks of celery
--package of baby carrots (the regular sized one)
--3 long skinny potatoes
--1 1/2 lbs of ground beef
--can of green peas (14oz)
--2 large cans of whole tomatoes (the largest can)
--1 can tomato paste (the tiny little can)
--1 can beef broth

Chop the onions up into the green part and cut the celery. Brown the meat with the onion and celery added. Add the other ingredients into a large pot. (Core and cut the cabbage, peel and cut the potatoes into wedges.) Cook for about an hour and a half. About midway through add a couple of table spoons of parsley. Salt and pepper to taste. Makes about 8-10 servings.



I went over to Ryan and Sarah's last night to paint some. It was fun getting to talk. Painting like that is rarely enjoyable, but the thing it affords you is concentrated time in one place with people you love, therefore making it extremely enjoyable! Things are really looking great over there.

I am staring down the barrel of the shotgun called Christmas at Otter Creek. I have had this program planned out for a while. However, I have doubted what I am doing as of late. I ordered a few scripts from a company in London and have been waiting to see if I like any of the stage plays better. It's time to start--past time. This morning, I am listening to my original idea and am thinking maybe that's the way to go. It's a cool worship concert--just almost too similar to what we did last year. For those of you who were in the worship leader track of the ZOE Leadership Conference, the song "I Hunger and Thirst for You" is the first song in the show. I like that it starts like that. It quickly moves on to more upbeat songs like "Resonate" and Avalon's "Everything To Me". It's published through Benson for you music ministry types out there.

We leave Tuesday for Abilene. We've been trying to prepare Maddie for the Homecoming parade and our ride in the convertible. I told her that she'll get to throw candy to all the kids along the way. Her response... "Can I just eat it?"

Ella is talking so much! In fact, she and Maddie have learned to crack each other up by Maddie saying "poo-poo!" and Ella responding, "poop!" Geez...these are surely my children.

Have a great morning as we all worship. It's cool to think that we are connected in so many ways. I'll be thinking of you as we gather around the table that makes us siblings in Christ.

No comments: