Sunday, May 02, 2004

Starrrrrrrbuuuuuucks! Thank you, Lord!

It's pouring down rain here. It rained most of the afternoon and evening yesterday. I was driving here and saw something that made me laugh. Along Old Hickory Blvd. there were sprinklers going at full blast. We're practically in a flash flood watch and here are sprinklers working overtime. Don't you think that's like us sometimes, spiritually speaking? We can't take enough time to step back and see the big picture and we are working overtime in our own strength while God is sending us flash floods of His own feeding and teaching? Just a thought.

Our service was awesome last night. Chad and some of the Sanctuary guys led worship and did a great job. (Sanctuary happens here at Otter Creek on Thursday nights...most of the guys who played last night have graduated from college and handed over their leadership to the next generation.) I thought Tim's teaching was wonderfully conversational and challenging. The stations were great too. I just enjoyed being there as more of a participant. Plus, I got to sit next to my dear sister, Tracye, who left us to be a part of a powerful ministry in DC. We miss her a lot.

There were several there last night who have stuck in my mind...people like Kim Butler. Kim is searching. Last night was her first time here. She sat in a chair yesterday getting her hair cut by one of our praise team members, Eve Clevenger. Eve talked about Otter Creek and the powerful things she has been experiencing. Kim showed up last night. I'm thinking about Steve...a guy with a really cool British accent who went to some of the churches where revival is breaking out in England. (Matt Redman, etc) Sunday mornings aren't really in his native worship language. Last night was. I'm thinking of Adam. Adam is a wanderer to some degree. Yet, last night, he was here. He was being prayed over by the shepherds. He was a part of the Body. I am thinking about some of our Shepherds who manned the prayer station. What a powerful acting out of their calling...to receive people and pray for their deepest hurts and needs. It's a very encouraging picture for me, whether it's called modern or post-modern.

This morning I get to co-lead with Reco. Actually, I am going to only co-lead at the beginning and then turn things over to him. We've got a great team on board and we're ready to worship the Lord! Actually, it might be better put that we're gonna have a little "church" up in here this mornin.

Father, we bring You our hearts. Use these vessels today to bring You glory. I pray for those who are coming and feeling lost. Seize their hearts today for You. I pray for those who are feeling so lonely. Holy Spirit, give them the comfort that is beyond our understanding. I pray for all those who are dying inside and still feel like they have to come here this morning with a pasted on smile. Please forgive us, Lord. Help us truly be the Church. I pray for Holy Spirit guided leadership for Reco, the team and me this morning. Thank you for Your faithfulness.

No comments: