Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Back to work! I am feeling refreshed even though I am physically exhausted. It reminds me about what Don Finto said to me recently..."The Lord doesn't burn anyone out. Burn out comes from doing something in our own strength or by getting our attentions disorganized." I believe it. Being involved in lives and real ministry last week has given me a fresh fire for the daily work here.

Staff meeting this morning was good. Always minutia and details to sort through, but good to be together and think about why we're here.

I am planning our Summer Life Series, which won't be called that anymore. After 8 years of "Summer Life" and concerts and all, we're going a different direction this year. It has run its course. We'll still do some special event types of things like Phil Keaggy and the Family Picnic, but it looks like we're going with more of a peak of the week type of thing. I somehow got handed this when I came on staff 8 1/2 years ago and it grew into a monster--mostly by my own doing. I am convinced that these Summer events are part of what led me to feel like the "cruise" director planning Spiritual Spa activities. There is probably a better way to accomplish what we need here than the smattering of events like we've done in the past. I hope I can know what that is.

Just finished my turkey wrap with spinach and feta. Thanks, honey!

Have a great Tuesday, everyone.

No comments: